a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

#reverb 10 - Day 8

27 Things to Know About Yoga
@victoriaklein

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

I have grown to greatly appreciate serene moments. My job primarily centers around engaging with people, text, and images and so when I enjoy my free time away from that.

 I've always enjoyed alone, quiet time (or rather, have grown to appreciate it - one of the lessons I learned while studying abroad), and have grown to really adore the stillness and joy that stems from 'disengaging' within serene moments. Sipping my favorite tea while in bed, taking a long hot shower, applying a new lipstick, surveying an organized closet - it doesn't quite matter what the moment is as much as the power of serenity that can be derived from it. I define serenity and peace as the same, and heaven knows I'm all about finding peace these days. Part of what makes these moments so special is that I actively participate in the moment by appreciating it so fully - thanking my Father above for peace and serenity when many people aren't as fortunate.

What about you? What do you appreciate most? How do you express your gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment