a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Friday, December 3, 2010

dude, that's old

ew...I'm going to be 26 in a few days. I'd like to think that as I grow older, I grow [slightly] smarter...so to kick off my [late] 20's, I'm going to start a little series where I'll share one smart $ tip a day!

Here we go!

Confession: I am a coffee addict. Like "OMG NO YOU DIDNT JUST HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE ON THE HOUR EVERY HOUR!" It was bad - as in, it got to the point where my best friend in high school actually passed the eff out in the mall because she was so beyond over-caffinated! That should tell you something. Together, we put the "loko" in the now-banned Four-Loko. True story people. In any case, I blame my Puerto Rican genes for my tendency to want to self-medicate, er, caffeinate. I used to spend at least $10 a day in college on coffee, and my first year of working spent at least half that every day on my afternoon fix. My husband despises my habit, and so with his disgust/encouragement, was able to get into the habit of drinking ONE.CUP. A DAY. For realz! And I make it at HOME before I leave for work! Wowza. I figure, this way I'm saving (with some suffering, I might add...d*mn the mid-afternoon slump)...

FIVE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A YEAR

Yes, you read that. Now blink and read it again. So saving that means lots of nice shoes for mama, which I'm all about. However, this is kind of the reverse of "saving," so obviously this is a topic I'll have to revisit :)

Happy weekend, everybody! What are some of your "duh" ways to save?

No comments:

Post a Comment