a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Saturday, December 11, 2010

#reverb 10 - Day 6

50 Things Your Life Doesn't Need
@samdavidson

Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

I officially loved this prompt - just in time for my **26th** birthday! There's really nothing better than dejunking - it makes for a clearer head & a more sincere heart, in my opinion!

11) I don't need paper. Bills, papers, flyers, junk mail, catalogues! While I've come a looong way (thanks for the internets), I still recieve lots of paper. I'd love to officially become more efficient at coordinating my email and paper mail so as to further reduce waste & energy opening/looking at all that darn paper!

10) Toxic relationships. Even though you amy not directly talk to or communicate with someone, toxicity in relationships can exist and affect you. I become really upset when I think about some of the toxic relationship in my life, and in 2011 I wouldlike to figure out how to best manage and resolve these relationships so that I can feel free to move on. My spirit has been really down with some of the toxic relationships that I have with people out there, and it would be wonderful to let go and live freely.

9) 5 pounds! I know it's not much, but I'd love to "let go" of 5 pounds to make for a svelte me. I'm shapely and "thin," but I'd like to be able to excersize and lose just a few to be all around sexy. No newlywed gut for me!!!

8) "Gimme pig" syndrome. I want to take the focus away from "me" and focus it on "us"! I'd like to think that I place alot of focus on my husband and my marriage, but I'd like to look past "me" and think more about our little family & our house (particularly our house..it needs some TLC with regards to paint, furniture, and cleaning!) I think a good way of doing this is just refocusing what I'm reading and what I'm focusing on to make sure that my mind is on "us" rather than just "me."

7) Anxiety! NO MAS! I need to control it, harness it, and perhaps even - this is ambitious - release it! I stress out waaayy too much about dumb stuff, and while I usually channel my stress so as to eventually succeed, it's far too damaging to my being. By exersizing more, achieving my goals, and indulging in more "extracurricular" activities, I'll be able to have an outlet for all that negative energy.


6) Unhealthy habits. Picking my cuticles, being lazy, all that jazz. I'd love to be the woman I've always wanted to be. I know I am being a bit hard on myself here, but I always think of myself as a work in progress - working towards more, always hungry and wanting to achieve. My friends and family deserve the best me possible! Again, resolving this would come from just focusing on things other than the negative habit itself - for example, actually using the stress ball at work rather than picking at my nails!

5) Clutter. Eliminate, disgard. I'm good about throwing away items I don't need, but you can always live with less! On that note...have to call Goodwill....









4) Debt. Need to knock that out! I need to explore options for paying off the maximum amount of interest possible & retooling my non-existant budget! Ideally, I'd come up with a five year plan and work from there...I also need to let go of feeling bad about it, because I used it for my education - and what better investment is there than moi?




3) General sloth-ness and excessive TV watching. I adore reading and have been reading more since the wedding, but I'd like to up the amount and variety that I read. I used to always borrow books from the library since I don't like to buy them on my own dime, but since the bedbug scare I haven't. That's not an excuse though - there are lots of books laying around my house I haven't read yet, and I can always read material online! I end up watching alot of television at night on the weekdays because I read all day for work & TV is an easy, mindless activity.

2) Monotony in cooking. I usually try to make one new recipe a week, but I'd like to consistently try more new recipes more often!
 






1) I don't need to aspire to more than I have - I want to actively thank God for my life. I want to be happy with what I have (I am), but I want to be more active in being thankful and mindful of my blessings.






What about you? What could you live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment