a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Thursday, December 2, 2010

giving thanks-

"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"  ~Henry Ward Beecher

Although we're a bit past the official day of "Thanksgiving," I do believe that giving thanks - in prayer, to those I love; be thankful for all I have - is something that should be done daily. It's good for the soul, and good for me as I go throughout the crazed rush of the hours.

Today is December 2nd, so I'll post about two things I'm thankful for:

-my darling husband. I love you. He began our relationship by calling me his angel, but now I find that he has become an angel of mine in every sense. He is so sweet & works so hard for our little family. We are two very different people, but we have something special - all the love in the world between us, and I am so grateful for him! He is my hubbs and because of him I am the luckiest girl in the world!

-opportunities. Although I gripe & complain, and complain & gripe (and then feel tremendously bad about myself in-between), I am so fortunate & blessed to have the whole world ahead of me in terms of opportunities. All I have to do is work hard, and I know great things will come. I'v been so blessed, and the best is yet to come!


..what about you? What are you thankful for today?

xoxo, the chick with cents

No comments:

Post a Comment