a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#reverb 10 - Day 7

Making Ideas Happen
@scottbelsky

Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

I'm all about plans. Lists. Journals. Notes. Post-it's (all over my apartment, literally - I maried my post-it twin). I'm all about planning, and keeping tabs on what I need to do to achieve my goals and check off items on my lists. Whether it's grocery lists or grad school application spreadsheest, I am obsessed with planning and making things happen. For me, planning is a huge part of my identity, and I am thankful that it allows me to take things from just "ideas" to reality. My next goal is to become a full-fledged writer/reporter/journalist and so my steps towards that are to regularly write & pitch articles for our digital operation/side, as well as to hone my skills in other areas which would make me a more valuable asset to our organization. When I first said I wanted to be a "writer," I realized that I could be a writer without necessarily having that occupation as my day job - thus this blog! It's all about the small steps towards bigger goals, and I hope by checking of the small tasks on my "to-do" list, I am able to achieve my dreams..

.What about you? What steps do you take to achieve your dreams and goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment