a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#reverb 10 - Day 2

caligater.com
@caligater

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

haha. omgee. I just started cracking up, thinking about my corny sense or definition of what "community" is. Early on with the onslaught of wedding planning, I became a full-fledge wedding blog junkie. Like..embarassingly so. Except that I was so embarassed to be "one of those" that I never really came out with it to blog or comment on any of the communities that I was quickly finding myself totally enthralled with. My hubbs was/is the only person who knew about it! Hilarious, right? Or stalker-ish. Oh, the joys of the internets!

I also joined a significant professional community this year. I won't name names, but I'm employed by a highly regarded news/entertainment group, and I feel like I definitely broke the barrier to some respects by being employed, and secondly, by being in such a highly-regarded group within the company. We'll see what happens, but it's definitely a community that I've joined within the past year.

In the next year, I'd like to form closer bonds with my family. I'm trying, but it's hard. Alot of it has to do with my own stubborness and schedule, but we'll see. Half the battle is trying!

What about you? What communities are you part of, or would like to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment