a blog about cents, in every form & measure

Sunday, December 19, 2010

#reverb 10 - Day 10

kaileenelise.com
@kaileenelise

Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

Next year I want to make my house a home! I absolutely hate home improvement, I don't like cleaning very much, and I definitely don't like being cooped up inside. However, I want to try to let go of some of my negativity regarding housekeeping and work with my husband (who, despite his schedule, does the best he can around the house..and I appreciate it...now babe, get your crap off the floor!) to make our apartment a home! I tried to do that this year, but we had to do some big projects around the house & in our lives, which prevented me/us from achieving this goal! I also am very much a 'this is mine' and 'that is yours' type person, and pretty much refuse to touch his papers, garbage & such. I'd like to come up with a system to effectively fuse our separate belongings and then create & maintain a system for keeping our place organized. I grew up in an amazingly well-decorated, maintained home & I'd like to live in one now (haha). It just feels more civilized! So here's to that!

What about you? Do you dislike home-related organization/cleaning as much as I do? What do you do to make it more "fun" or enjoyable?

No comments:

Post a Comment